One thing’s for sure… when you’ve got a Jeep, and you ride around with the top down, you end up with some pretty strange-looking hairstyles sometimes!
Then again, some people try for that look all on their own — with help of a little hair gel or other styling products.
Listen to Bud Light’s Real Men of Genius ”Mr. Hair Gel Overgeller”:
Back to the Jeepers and convertible drivers…
The following products will help your locks look “wind-BLOWN”, not “wiped OUT”, after a long ride in a convertible.
Best Jeep-Proof Hairspray
Thank goodness, someone is looking out for us top-down girls (…and guys!)
Ken Paves, is one of the most sought-after hairstylists in the world, known for working with clients such as Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Lopez, to name a few.
This “hairstylist to the stars” has an entire line of PAVES Professional “FLAWless” hair products, including:
A 10 oz bottle of this stuff is less than $12…
From the online catalog:
- Take the top down, go for a spin and arrive in perfectly placed nourished high-sheen style that resists humidity and won’t move unless you want it to.
- Our fine spray formula contains significant concentrating of treatment ingredients: A strengthening complex of proteins and polymers to add elasticity and shine, protecting fragile hair form over-styling and over-processing.
- A revitalizing complex of Burdock and Ginseng Root Extracts to help stimulate hair growth.
- Roman Chamomile Oil to soothe dry, irritated scalp. Scented with nourishing essential oils, NO damaging synthetic fragrances. Cruelty-free. Allergy tested.
Other Convertible-Proof Hair Products To Try
A softer version of wax, paste provides texture, flexibility and long lasting shine. Paste can be reworked throughout the day for convertible styles. Try Redken Rewind Styling Paste — here’s why and L’Oreal TecNi.Art Head Clay — here’s why (from an online catalog): “It’s where explosive styles and messed-up control meet. This is a matt effect moulding paste designed not to leave any build-up on your hair. Excellent sculpting!” (popular in the UK)
Gel-mousse products (like Got 2B Full Of Yourself Mousse) combine the benefits of both gel and mousse into one formula — great for extra hold and reshaping.
Products With Sunscreen
Consider applying a good leave-in conditioner with sunscreen in it while tanning, playing outdoors, or riding in a convertible. The sun’s heat will activate the conditioner, and will prevent UV rays from causing hair damage and color fade. Volumax also provides an entire line of hair products with sunscreen in them.
In-The-Wind Hair Products
Hark!… Here’s a product that not only prevents tangles after long car rides in a convertible, but also guards your hair from wind damage & breakage and even repels dirt & dust! In The Wind Hair Tangle Prevention Serum even protects you from “Hat Head”… helping to restore the natural look of your hair after removing your motorcycle/ATV helmet or baseball cap.
PAVES Professional FLAWless Hair Products
In addition to their Convertible-Proof Firm Hold Repairing Hair Spray, you’ll find an entire line of strengthening and enriching hair products, including:
- Greaseless Essential Oil Shine Serum
- Star Power Firm Hold Repairing Styling Gel
- Red Carpet Firm Hold Repairing Styling Mousse