Before heading off road, you should put some thought into what tools you need to put in your offroad toolbox.
Your aim is to have enough on hand so if something breaks when you’re out on the trail, you’ll be able to disassemble, repair, replace, and/or reassemble it in order to get yourself back on the road.
At a bare minimum, you’ll want to have the following items on hand:
- Air pressure gauge
- Allen wrenches
- Baling wire
- Crescent wrench (small & medium)
- Duct tape
- Electrical tape & spare connectors
- Grease (or a grease gun)
- Jumper cables
- Knife (either a pocket knife or utility knife)
- Nuts & bolts (a few assorted sizes)
- Open end/box wrenches (3/8″ to 3/4″)
- Pliers (standard, needle-nose and channel lock)
- Screwdrivers – standard and phillips
- Socket set (3/8″) with extensions
- Super glue or epoxy
- Tire inflator / tire sealer (otherwise known as Fix a Flat)
- Vise grips
- Wire and wire cutters/crimpers
Jeep guy. Harley owner. Publisher of a couple of dozen websites. Tech geek. Hydroponic lettuce & veggie farmer. And I get to play on the Internet for a living!