For years, Jim has been the Jeep lover in our family. For the most part, I’ve been the quiet Jeep passenger — both on-road and off.
But who knew that I would become a future owner of a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited? And an almost new one at that?!
Here’s a preview…
I had never intended on purchasing a Jeep Unlimited model myself, though Jim had some good points as to why an Unlimited would:
- fit into our lifestyle
- accommodate all our outdoor gear
- accommodate our dogs
- accommodate additional passengers
- be the ultimate convertible for that “wind in my hair” feeling
- be one of the most reliable vehicles we’d ever own
- be the ultimate off-road vehicle for those times we seek a little adventure “off the beaten path”
- be so “me”!
Suffice it to say that we are now a 3-Jeep family!
The story of how it all came to be is (of course) HILARIOUS …and a little bit scary.
The short version is this:
Largely on a whim on Monday afternoon, we decided this 2004 Jeep Unlimited (spotted in Brentwood, Tennessee) was meant to be ours. On Wednesday morning, we drove it home.
The long version is here.
What I Learned Today:
We love Jeeps! (…and we’re a tad spontaneous)